We have to breathe and we have to eat. Most of the time, we don't have much choice about the air we're breathing, but we can make wise choices about the foods we eat. If you suffer from arthritis or joint pain, there are some foods you should avoid as they may cause inflammation and pain.
- Fried foods- That chicken may taste delicious, but if it's fried and you are prone to joint pain, avoiding fried foods can help reduce inflammation.
- AGE- This is an acronym for Advanced Glycation End Product, a toxin that is sometimes present in foods cooked at high temperatures. AGE toxin is also found in diets with high levels of sugar.
- Dairy- There is still more research needed, but for some people, a specific protein in dairy products may contribute to joint pain.
- Alcohol and tobacco- Though an occasional glass of wine may be good for your health, studies show that alcohol consumption can lead to the development or aggravation of gout. Smoking is never a good idea, especially since it can lead to a higher risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Some oils- Corn oil and those with higher levels of omega-6 fatty acids can trigger joint inflammation.
- Salt- Excessive salt consumption has a direct link to joint inflammation. Check the sodium content of the foods you buy, particularly canned meats and soups.
- Preservatives- Though they are hard to avoid, their intake should be limited to reduce the risk of pain from joint inflammation.
Just as there may be foods that can cause pain, there are some that can ease it. Here are just a few examples:
- Ginger - A natural remedy that helps fight pain from arthritis.
- Blueberries - Packed with phytonutrients, which can help reduce pain and fight joint inflammation.
- Salmon- High in omega-3 fatty acids, salmon has proven to relieve joint tenderness associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
A simple way to get relief for chronic or intermittent joint or back pain
Though we do highly recommend healthy eating, there is a way to help manage your chronic or intermittent joint pain, including pain in the lower back, without having to change your diet or spend additional time shopping and preparing meals.
ReJoint is a doctor-formulated, 100% natural, safe, herbal remedy that can help provide you with the chronic or intermittent joint pain relief or back pain relief you want. For more information call (201) 875-8055.