Before the widespread use of prescription pain medications as a back pain relief medicine, drug addiction was perceived as something reserved for habitual users abusing illegal drugs such as heroin.
Due to the over-prescribed category of painkillers known as opioids, however, drug addiction is mainstream and anyone who is prescribed pain medication for back pain is a candidate for addiction. The problem is so severe that it has been officially designated as an epidemic: The National Institute on Drug Abuse estimates that in 2017, the average number of people who misused prescription pain relievers for the first time was 5,480 per day.
If you or a loved one is suffering from pain, you should be aware of the commonly used names of the ten most addictive pain medications that are frequently used as a back pain treatment:
- Fentanyl- More potent than morphine
- Oxycontin - Often used as a severe back pain treatment
- Demerol- Use frequently to put patients to sleep prior to surgery
- Vicodin- For chronic injuries or post-surgical pain
- Morphine- A natural opiate that is common among cancer patients
- Percocet- A combination of oxycodone (Oxycontin) and acetaminophen
- Codeine- Another natural opiate that is a short-term pain reliever
- Methadone- Opiate pain reliever and a heroin substitute
- Dilaudid- Short-term pain relief, often following surgery
- Oxymorphone- For moderate to severe pain
If your doctor prescribes any of these drugs as an upper back pain treatment, a lower back pain treatment, or for joint pain, the best way to avoid the risk of addiction is to strictly adhere to the dosage and frequency instructions. If you are prescribed a back pain relief medicine that is addictive, you may want to give the medication to a trusted friend or family member to dispense for you.
Discover back pain remedies with no risk of addiction
Today, there is a way to get proven relief for a chronic joint, knee, and back pain, without the risk of pain medication addiction and without disrupting your current lifestyle.
ReJoint is a doctor formulated, 100% natural, safe, herbal remedy that can provide you with the relief you want. For more information, visit https://drhrejoint.com/or call (201) 875-8055.