Though joint pain is common as the air we breathe, there is little discussion about the devastating effects that pain has on our society.
Last year, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that 50 million Americans suffer from chronic pain and that approximately 20 million of them experience "high-impact chronic pain," which is pain "severe enough that it frequently limits life or work activities."
Though exact numbers are difficult to determine, the CDC estimates that approximately 14.6 million people suffer from severe joint pain, which they defined as measuring seven or higher on a 1-10 scale. The cost of all this pain to the country in both economic and healthcare terms is staggering:
- In a recent U.S. National Health interview survey, 46 percent said that they were disabled due to severe joint pain. 52 percent said that severe joint pain made them unable to work.
- Approximately 27 percent of people with arthritis reported severe joint pain which limited their "ability to perform basic functions and seriously affected their quality of life."
- The estimated cost of direct health care due to pain is estimated at $261 to $300 billion.
- The estimated cost of missed days of work (loss of productivity) is $11.6 billion to $12.7 billion.
- The estimated cost of the hours of work missed is $95.2 to $96.5 million.
- The cost of treating pain in the U.S. is more than that of diabetes and cancer treatments combined.
What is not calculated but which may have a greater impact on society is the effect of pain on a personal level.
Parents who suffer from chronic pain and who have small children or teens are less likely to engage in highly meaningful activities such as biking, hiking, or playing any number of sports. This can have a powerful impact on child development.
In the professional realm, people suffering from chronic joint pain are less likely to contribute fully to their careers, resulting in slow advancement and the resulting personal economic costs.
The cost of doing nothing
Of all of the options for treating joint pain, the worst choice is doing nothing, which only guarantees a slower recovery.
Another option is ReJoint.
ReJoint is a doctor-formulated, 100% natural, safe, herbal remedy that can help provide you or your loved one with the chronic or intermittent joint pain relief or back pain relief you want. For more information call (201) 875-8055.