When you or a loved one suffer from joint pain, the consequences reach far beyond the pain you are experiencing and the effects of your attempts to relieve it.
Severe joint pain affects every aspect of our lives, including the quality of our relationships with those around us. Joint pain can also affect our job performance and our ability to earn an income.
Whether your work involves a lot of typing (hands), walking (feet), or bending and lifting (shoulders, knees, back), joint pain can impede performance by requiring your body to do more work with less body function.
Here are some key job costs and work performance statistics from the Centers for Disease Control:
- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) account for one-third of the injury and illness costs in the U.S.
- This cost is in excess of $128 billion, no small number.
- Included in that amount are $47 billion in lost earnings.
- Working-age adults 45-64 years account for almost one-third of arthritis cases.
- Approximately ten percent of the workers in the U.S. are affected by joint pain to the point at which is impedes job performance.
- Older workers at greatest risk tend to be in jobs that have high physical demands.
The workplace environment can be the cause of joint pain, but it can also provide solutions. Ergonomic equipment, for example, can play an essential role in preventing joint pain or reducing its effects.
The workplace equipment and tools that reduce forces, repetition, vibration, and awkward work postures are not necessarily cost-prohibitive. In fact, the CDC estimates prevention of a single episode of joint injury is often sufficient for recovery of the cost of the equipment modifications.
ReJoint for working adults
Some employers are reluctant to make the changes that can help prevent joint pain from affecting workers. Most of the time, this is related to a misperception in costs vs. return on investments.
If your employer is slow to adjust, or if you want to manage your joint pain on another level, consider ReJoint. ReJoint is a doctor-formulated, 100% natural, safe, herbal remedy that can help provide adults with the chronic or intermittent joint pain relief or back pain relief they want. ReJoint is a unique and effective blend of five premium herbs that helps stop pain before it starts by blocking TNF-alpha and NF-kappa B.
For more information call (201) 875-8055.