A new study reported in June claims that many people are using marijuana to treat their chronic joint pain.
The study's author, Dr Timothy Leroux, an orthopedic surgeon at the University of Toronto, found that twenty percent of the joint pain sufferers interviewed had either past or current use of cannabis to help ease their pain. Dr. Leroux also reported that two-thirds of those interviewed would be open to trying marijuana for pain relief.
The study results are based on the surveys of more than 600 patients who sought pain relief at an orthopedic clinic in Toronto. Other results include:
- Nine out of ten patients said that cannabis was "effective" in managing their pain.
- Four in ten patients reported that cannabis "decreased their reliance on other pain medications."
- Nearly six in ten patients stated that cannabis products were more effective than other drugs.
- Only twenty-five percent of patients said that they had consulted with a physician before using marijuana.
While cannabis may be a positive development for some with chronic joint pain, the solution is not without consequences, one of which is marijuana's interaction with alcohol or with medications that produce sedative effects. These medications include:
- Antidepressants such asLexapro, Effexor, Zoloft, Prozac, Paxil, and Cymbalta
- Antihistamines such as Allegra, Zyrtec, Claritin, Alavert
- Muscle Relaxants such as Valium, Soma, Baclofen
Using marijuana can also lower your blood pressure and make you unable to work or drive.
ReJoint is a non-pharmaceutical without negative side effects
The use of medical marijuana for the treatment of various ailments has been on the rise for many years. And while that should be a source of relief for everyone, there are consequences to this choice. In addition to those previously listed, cannabis can also make you drowsy and cause difficulty concentrating.
Today, however, there is a way to get proven relief for chronic joint pain of the knees, back, and other joints quickly and easily - without the risk of the side effects of marijuana or prescription medication, and without the hassle of a visit to the doctor.
ReJoint is a doctor formulated, 100% natural, safe, herbal remedy that can help provide adults with the joint pain relief you want quickly, without any side effects. For more information, visit https://drhrejoint.com/ or call (201) 875-8055.